Splunk Enterprise

Carry forward top dashboard filter values while navigating to next dashboard

architkhanna
Path Finder

Hello ,

I have 5 dashboards in a Splunk Application with same set of filters on top of them.
I am trying to figure out a way in which , If a user choses some filters on first dashboard , and they navigate to next dashboard, same filters values should remain intact and be applied again.  And this should continue with subsequent filter change and dashboard changes.

Not sure if at all this feature is possible in splunk or if anyone has done this before.
Would like to hear some ideas on the same.

Thanks in advance!

Labels (2)
0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

In your navigation to subsequent dashboards, add 

&form.varname=$varname|n$

where varname is your input form token

i.e. link this in the drilldown

<drilldown>
  <link target="_blank">new_dashboard?form.time_range.earliest=$time_range.earliest$&amp;form.time_range.latest=$time_range.latest$&amp;form.index=$row.index$</link>
</drilldown>

which passes the time picker earliest and latest with the time picker token name 'time_range' and a drilldown row value of index to the new_dashboard.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...