Splunk Enterprise

Breadcrumbs only takes static values.

davecroto
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Added breadcrumb to a dashboard tab to move back to a higher levels, but notice that the links for breadcrumbs seems to only takes static values. We are unable to pass search string parameters to the other view dynamically.

Any suggestions? Do I need to dig deeper?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I don't think the BreadCrumb module can do any $foo$ substitution or any kind of dynamic argument for its links.

However I do a fair bit of simple dynamic breadcrumbs in Sideview apps. The HTML module displays the breadcrumb just as a bunch of links in the HTML. The ValueSetter mdoule is used to make sure the argument values are correctly HTML-escaped, and the URLLoader module is what allows the $foo$ tokens to pick up their values from the ?foo=bar arguments in the URL.

http://sideviewapps.com/apps/sideview-utils

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...