Splunk Enterprise

BMC Remedy Add On Authentication errors

cmeyer

Hey everyone,

I recently installed the BMC Remedy Add On for Splunk and followed the directions to get setup.  I successfully connected into BMC via REST credentials, setup the remedy_fields.conf file and successfully created a ticket via search and the remedyincidentcreatestreamrest command.  My problem is automating this experience.  I created an alert based on a search (per the docs), and specified the "Remedy Incident Integration using REST API" trigger.  Looking at the splunk_ta_remedy_rest_alert.log file I see the following authentication error:

2022-08-17 15:07:35,356 ERROR pid=11181 tid=MainThread file=remedy_helper.py:create_incident:287 | Authentication failed, status_code=401, url='https://url-restapi.onbmc.com:443/api/arsys/v1.0/entry/HPD:ServiceInterface', params={'fields': 'values(Incident Number, Incident_Status)'}, response=[{"messageType":"ERROR","messageText":"Authentication failed","messageNumber":623,"messageAppendedText":"remedy_user"}]
2022-08-17 15:07:35,657 INFO pid=11181 tid=MainThread file=remedy_helper.py:create_jwt_token:162 | Successfully generated a new jwt token
2022-08-17 15:07:36,030 ERROR pid=11181 tid=MainThread file=remedy_helper.py:create_incident:287 | Error occured, status_code=400, url='https://url-restapi.onbmc.com:443/api/arsys/v1.0/entry/HPD:ServiceInterface', params={'fields': 'values(Incident Number, Incident_Status)'}, response=[{"messageType":"ERROR","messageText":"Required field cannot be blank.","messageNumber":326,"messageAppendedText":"HPD:Help Desk : Contact Company"}]
2022-08-17 15:07:36,030 ERROR pid=11181 tid=MainThread file=remedy_incident_rest_alert_base.py:post_incident:227 | [Remedy Incident REST Alert] The search name: Ingress to ICM Missing DN. Failed to Create/Update incident
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_remedy/bin/remedy_helper.py", line 432, in retry
return func(account_info, *arg, **kwargs)
File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_remedy/bin/remedy_helper.py", line 288, in create_incident
raise Exception(msg)
Exception: Authentication failed, status_code=401, url='https://url-restapi.onbmc.com:443/api/arsys/v1.0/entry/HPD:ServiceInterface', params={'fields': 'values(Incident Number, Incident_Status)'}, response=[{"messageType":"ERROR","messageText":"Authentication failed","messageNumber":623,"messageAppendedText":"remedy_user"}]

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_remedy/bin/remedy_incident_rest_alert_base.py", line 200, in post_incident
proxy_config=self.proxy_config,
File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_remedy/bin/remedy_helper.py", line 454, in retry
return func(account_info, *arg, **kwargs)
File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_remedy/bin/remedy_helper.py", line 288, in create_incident
raise Exception(msg)
Exception: Error occured, status_code=400, url='https://url-restapi.onbmc.com:443/api/arsys/v1.0/entry/HPD:ServiceInterface', params={'fields': 'values(Incident Number, Incident_Status)'}, response=[{"messageType":"ERROR","messageText":"Required field cannot be blank.","messageNumber":326,"messageAppendedText":"HPD:Help Desk : Contact Company"}]

I have a separate application creating tickets via REST and was told to use the  HPD:IncidentInterface_Create.  Not sure what the difference is (if any) to running a search is as opposed to having an alert trigger it but I am stumped.  If anyone can offer some insight I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Chad

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...