Splunk Enterprise

Authentication.conf error

d_lim
Path Finder

Hi all,

I'm currently facing an issue where i migrated the /etc/users/* from a standalone ES SH into the deployer's shcluster/apps/ to be deployed to the 3 SHC members.

Also the authentication.conf in the system/local for the SHC members are set up for LDAP mapped authentication.

After deploying and reloading authentication, the SHC(3) members does not* reflect the same amount of users on the individual search heads. 

Is this error a bug or any reason why the Users list is not populating correctly from the ldap

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

d_lim
Path Finder

The issue was with the capitalization of the User base DN setting, instead of

dc=<something>,dc=com,dc=sg

I used

DC=<something>,DC=com,DC=sg

View solution in original post

0 Karma

d_lim
Path Finder

The issue was with the capitalization of the User base DN setting, instead of

dc=<something>,dc=com,dc=sg

I used

DC=<something>,DC=com,DC=sg

0 Karma

harsmarvania57
Ultra Champion

What problem are you facing ? Do you mean that no. of users exist in standalone SH are more compare to SHC ?

0 Karma

d_lim
Path Finder

The SHC members among themselves, do not have the same amount of users as well

Tags (1)
0 Karma

harsmarvania57
Ultra Champion

How you deployed authentication.conf, I'll suggest you to deploy it from deployer to SHC members so that it will be unique on all your SHC members.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...