Splunk Enterprise

Authentication.conf error

d_lim
Path Finder

Hi all,

I'm currently facing an issue where i migrated the /etc/users/* from a standalone ES SH into the deployer's shcluster/apps/ to be deployed to the 3 SHC members.

Also the authentication.conf in the system/local for the SHC members are set up for LDAP mapped authentication.

After deploying and reloading authentication, the SHC(3) members does not* reflect the same amount of users on the individual search heads. 

Is this error a bug or any reason why the Users list is not populating correctly from the ldap

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

d_lim
Path Finder

The issue was with the capitalization of the User base DN setting, instead of

dc=<something>,dc=com,dc=sg

I used

DC=<something>,DC=com,DC=sg

View solution in original post

0 Karma

d_lim
Path Finder

The issue was with the capitalization of the User base DN setting, instead of

dc=<something>,dc=com,dc=sg

I used

DC=<something>,DC=com,DC=sg

0 Karma

harsmarvania57
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What problem are you facing ? Do you mean that no. of users exist in standalone SH are more compare to SHC ?

0 Karma

d_lim
Path Finder

The SHC members among themselves, do not have the same amount of users as well

Tags (1)
0 Karma

harsmarvania57
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

How you deployed authentication.conf, I'll suggest you to deploy it from deployer to SHC members so that it will be unique on all your SHC members.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...