Splunk Enterprise

Apache access logs stored on a s3 bucket access

Said75015
Explorer

Hi

I have configured Splunk AWS plugin to get files stored in a s3 bucket. These files come from a Apache server and have Apache access log format. 

I use an s3 generic input and it seems to be connected (I tried with only one file) but when I check for searching events I don't see anything ? Internal Splunk logs indicate the s3 bucket is well reached and the file inside well processed without error.

Do you have a idea  from which this issue can be due ?

Thanks

Saïd

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Said75015
Explorer

Hi @venkatasri 

I have found the issue, it was just due to the fact that I used a too recent time interval (my records concerned an older time) so there was nothing displayed.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Karma

venkatasri
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Said75015 

Can you share how your inputs have been configured? You can anonymize the bucket name.

Said75015
Explorer

Hi @venkatasri 

I have found the issue, it was just due to the fact that I used a too recent time interval (my records concerned an older time) so there was nothing displayed.

Thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...