Splunk Enterprise

Any plans to have a single agent (Splunk UF & Phantom SOAR together)

koshyk
Super Champion

Our Infra architect is in process of reducing the agents on client systems and replace with minimal products. Hence just checking if there is a Plan to use Splunk Universal Forwarder for SOAR purposes?

At end of the day if the Splunk UF is installed as "Administrator" in Windows (and provide relevant permissions in Linux et al), you could techically do ANYTHING.. i.e. SOAR responses would be similar to running a scripted inputs or triggering a software to do an action.

There are quite lot of advantages of providing "Phantom agent" as a deployment app too? Not sure if this answer community is the correct place for feedback/ideas, but just checking if there is similar plans in motion?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

aasabatini
Motivator

Hi @koshyk 

are you sure of this? I did the first two classes of Phantom last week

• Phantom Administration
  • developing playbooks for Phantom

And I never heard about Phantom and splunk UF, I understood you can integrate splunk enterprise with Phantom and another SIEM, but not the agents.

Anyway I would follow this thread to understand if is possible connect Splunk UF and Phantom.

“The answer is out there, Neo, and it’s looking for you, and it will find you if you want it to.”
0 Karma

koshyk
Super Champion

it's just a question ONLY at this time. I was asking if the Splunk Development team need a feature request to make it all integrated or if there is a plan already

Also to be specific, it is NOT to "integrate or connect" between UF & Phantom, but rather having only one agent on the client. But that single agent to do both functionalities of  UF &  Phantom

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...