Splunk Enterprise

AWS Cognito Configuration using SAML

rkeq0515
Path Finder

I am trying to use AWS Cognito to authenticate to a Splunk dashboard using SAML.  There is a lot of information on configuring Cognito with other vendors,  but not a lot of information on how to do this with Splunk.  I have been trying to piece together settings from various documents I found during my research, but I don't know a lot about SAML.

I downloaded the Splunk Metadata file and uploaded it in Cognito, but I get an error stating  "We were unable to create identity provider: No IDPSSODescriptor found in metadata for protocol urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:protocol and entity id splunkEntityId ."  I didn't see any IDPSSODescriptor in the uploaded file, which leads me to believe this may be incompatible.

My Splunk SAML setting is as follows:

[saml]
entityId = urn:amazon:cognito:sp:<my cognito pool id>
fqdn = testdashboardlb-79456348.us-east-1.elb.amazonaws.com  <-- This is my load balancer
idpSLOUrl = https://testdashboard.auth.us-east-1.amazoncognito.com/saml2/logout
idpSSOUrl = https://testdashboard.auth.us-east-1.amazoncognito.com/saml2/idpresponse
inboundDigestMethod = SHA1;SHA256;SHA384;SHA512
inboundSignatureAlgorithm = RSA-SHA1;RSA-SHA256;RSA-SHA384;RSA-SHA512
issuerId = urn:amazon:cognito:sp:my cognito pool id>
lockRoleToFullDN = true
redirectAfterLogoutToUrl = testdash.xxxxxxxxx.com
redirectPort = 443
replicateCertificates = false
signAuthnRequest = false
signatureAlgorithm = RSA-SHA1
signedAssertion = true
sloBinding = HTTP-POST
ssoBinding = HTTP-POST

[authentication]
authSettings = saml
authType = SAML

I can authenticate and enter my MFA token.  After that, I receive an error "Required String parameter 'SAMLResponse' is not present."

Any help is appreciated.

Labels (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...