Splunk Enterprise Security

biuld a siem without Enterprise security app

Depressedadmin
Explorer

Hi i'm going to build a minimal siem in our office and because of price can't get es app what I would like to know is what if i use security essential app with some third party like wazuh and make some correlation somehow,

could i detect threat and risks?

since i can't get answer any where else ,it would be great to help me 🙂

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

96nick
Communicator

Agree with @radam2000, the Infosec App for Splunk is a good entry way into SIEMing without the money of ES.

I'm on the same journey you are, and it isn't the easiest. I would use the following resources to get started:

1. Infosec App for Splunk
  2. Splunk Security Essentials
  3. Data visualization apps for your logs (Windows Inf App, Unix App, FW app, etc.)

You mention using third party applications. You can definitely do that, just don't set up 20 tools that you need to look out for. It's fine not having the famous 'single pane of glass', but don't have too many tools going at once! 

Depressedadmin
Explorer

tnx you both for reply this is defiantly enlightening for me at this point

have you been heard about 'wazuh'? it mention itself as "Comprehensive SIEM "!

Depressedadmin
Explorer

OR since my main goal is to make siem to analyze my pentest  impacts or analyze attack simulations, is there other ways or even with similar applications?

tnx

0 Karma

radam2000
Path Finder

why don't you try the free InfoSec App... its also a good starting point and provides some pretty good information...

https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/4240/

Rich

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...