Splunk Enterprise Security

Why is Splunk ES Contributing Events not seeing many incidents?

burakatabay
Path Finder

Hi splunkers,
My question is Why I not see Contributing Events in All incidents ?
alt text
I want to go directly to the event by pressing the Contributing Events.
alt text
How ı see Contributing Events in all incidents ?
Have a good day.

0 Karma

smoir_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If the search generating the alert relies on aggregates, there might not be any contributing events to show.

For example, if the search is performing a |stats count and alerting where count>4, it's relying on aggregates of 4 events, it doesn't necessarily keep track of what those 4 specific events were. But if it's alerting on |search threat_intel=calc.exe, there are specific contributing events available. (Examples for illustrative purposes only)

So there are some searches that will have contributing events available, but not all of them do.

burakatabay
Path Finder

Thank you for answer 🙂

0 Karma

TheSplunkDude
Explorer

Also make sure you have a value in the Drill-down Name (and Drill -Down Search) in the Notable event for the correlation search.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...