Splunk Enterprise Security

Why does Enterprise Security 3.0 not see the tags or field aliases properly in Splunk 6.0 or 6.1?

chrishatfield21
Path Finder

I have Splunk Enterprise 6.1, I've had the same issue on 6.0, and Enterprise Security 3.0 running. I pull in a datasource like normal and everything is looking good until I create tags and field aliases. If I create them in the Search and Reporting app, or any other as long as it is not ES, and I share them globally with everyone having read permissions ES does not see the tags. I can search in any app other then ES and the tags work. If I search inside the ES app context with the same search as before it does not produce any results. The field aliases have the same behavior as the tags when searching.

0 Karma

derekarnold
Communicator

Make sure ES is importing the app properly, see this thread for more info

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/ES/3.3.0/Install/InstallTechnologyAdd-ons#Add_a_custom_add-on_t...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...