Splunk Enterprise Security

Why do I receive different results between two different applications?

jwhughes58
Contributor

I have a simple search

index=myIndex sourcetype=mySourcetype

If I run the search in the Splunk Enterprise Security app I get src_ip. If I run the search in a different app, I don't get src_ip. I need leads on how to figure out why this is happening. Any leads?

TIA,
Joe

0 Karma
1 Solution

dineshraj9
Builder

Check Fields -> Extractions in the Splunk Enterprise Security App. There would be an EXTRACT written to extract such fields. You can add the same in your app or set the permissions of the existing EXTRACT to global to leverage the same behaviour across all apps.

View solution in original post

dineshraj9
Builder

Check Fields -> Extractions in the Splunk Enterprise Security App. There would be an EXTRACT written to extract such fields. You can add the same in your app or set the permissions of the existing EXTRACT to global to leverage the same behaviour across all apps.

jwhughes58
Contributor

It was a permissions issue on the extracts. They were set to app only. When I changed them to global the search in the other app started working.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...