Splunk Enterprise Security

Why aren't Risk Score, Risk Event and Risk Object showing in the notable event?

syazwani
Path Finder

Hi peeps,

We were fine tuning the Notable Event, and there were fields that were not showing any values. Those fields are the Risk Score, Risk Event and Risk Object. We have configure the value under the Risk Analysis Tab. 

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-07 at 15.00.21.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-07 at 15.01.06.jpeg

Please assist us on this. Thank you.

0 Karma

roberto_baggio
Explorer

Hey so did you find the solution? We stacked with the same issue and seams no one knows how to fix it. 

0 Karma

travis_lelle
Explorer

Have you found a solution for this? I'm experiencing the same thing, and I made sure that the fields we provided in the Risk Analysis Adaptive response Action is a valid field that is being presented in the correlation search results. In fact, I'm using the same fields as variables in the title of the notable event. But nothing is populating in Incident review for Risk Score, Risk Event, and Risk Object.

0 Karma

hettervik
Builder

Hi. Yes, I see the confusion. The fields you add under the response action "Risk Analysis" are not added the the notable event itself (index=notable), they are added to the risk event (index=risk). These risk events are used for Risk-Based Alerting, among other things.

If you want the "user" and "app" fields to be added to the notable event, just make sure these fields are present in the final output of your correlation search, and you shoud see them in the incident.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...