Splunk Enterprise Security

Why are feeds occasionally failing to download to Splunk Enterprise Security threat intelligence via proxy?

ranjitbrhm1
Communicator

Good day everyone.

I have a query. I have configured all the Enterprise Security threat intelligence to download via a local proxy. The challenge that i face is sometimes the feeds seem to be failing to download. I would like to find out if there is a log file that is being written specifically with a reason as to why it fails to download or where to look for errors in splunk's _internal logs.

Thanks

0 Karma

harsmarvania57
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @ranjitbrhm1,

Please check $SPLUNK_HOME/var/log/splunk/threatlist.log on Search Head, you will able to find reason that why it is failing.

For example you will able to see log like this No content returned when querying https://isc.sans.edu/block.txt

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...