Splunk Enterprise Security

Why are feeds occasionally failing to download to Splunk Enterprise Security threat intelligence via proxy?

ranjitbrhm1
Communicator

Good day everyone.

I have a query. I have configured all the Enterprise Security threat intelligence to download via a local proxy. The challenge that i face is sometimes the feeds seem to be failing to download. I would like to find out if there is a log file that is being written specifically with a reason as to why it fails to download or where to look for errors in splunk's _internal logs.

Thanks

0 Karma

harsmarvania57
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @ranjitbrhm1,

Please check $SPLUNK_HOME/var/log/splunk/threatlist.log on Search Head, you will able to find reason that why it is failing.

For example you will able to see log like this No content returned when querying https://isc.sans.edu/block.txt

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...