Splunk Enterprise Security

When opening Glass Tables page, I get the following Splunk ES Glass Tables Error?

panovattack
Communicator

All,

When opening Glass Tables page, I get the following error:

HTTPSConnectionPool(host='127.0.0.1', port=8089): Max retries exceeded with url: /servicesNS/nobody/SplunkEnterpriseSecuritySuite/storage/collections/config/SplunkEnterpriseSecuritySuite_glasstables (Caused by ProxyError('Cannot connect to proxy.', error('Tunnel connection failed: 503 Service Unavailable',)))

No proxy errors on other pages. Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

panovattack
Communicator

Resolved by correcting the way the proxy handled the request.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

graissaguel
Explorer

Splunk use the API to access to the ES Glass Tables, so you need to configure the no_proxy setting (and by the way http_proxy, https_proxy and ftp_proxy) at the OS level.

On most of linux you have to add in the /etc/environment file :
no_proxy="127.0.0.1, localhost"

These settings are the same as in the [proxyConfig] section of the $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local/server.conf file.

0 Karma

panovattack
Communicator

0 Karma

dm1
Contributor

Were you able to fix this ? Please share solution. Thanks

0 Karma

dm1
Contributor

@panovattack wrote:

I am getting similar error but its 403 forbidden for MISP42 app

Caused by ProxyError('Cannot connect to proxy.', OSError('Tunnel connection failed: 403 Forbidden

Please advise

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...