Splunk Enterprise Security

What should be the source type for AWS KMS logs to be CIM mapped fed to Splunk HEC through Kinesis Firehose connector?

arangineni
Explorer

We have a setup where the AWS KMS logs are sent to Splunk HEC through below flow. We are getting JSON event format but don't see the data to be doing necessary field aliasing and tagging on SH to be CIM compatible for Authentication & Change Datamodel. I already installed Splunk_TA_aws on both SH & HF.

KMS -> Kinesis Firehosse -> logstash function -> Splunk HEC (using aws:cloudtrail sourcetype)

Should I be using a different source type for this data source and data format sent through my flow? Can anyone advise if worked with KMS data for AWS.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...