Splunk Enterprise Security

Universal Fowarder: Upgrade and switch to low privilege mode

adalbor
Builder

Hey All,

We are planning on moving all of our UF's to the low priv mode install but I had a question.

Our current UF's are on 7.2.4. and we are looking to upgrade very soon. We are also planning on switching all of our UF's to low priv mode. My question is this: Can we upgrade the UF's to a more recent version and switch them to low priv mode at the same time? Can we run the installer to upgrade and switch to low priv mode without having to uninstall the UF first?

Thanks,
Andrew

0 Karma
1 Solution

jhornsby_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @adalbor ,

Can we run the installer to upgrade and switch to low priv mode without having to uninstall the UF first?

Unfortunately not. During an upgrade the installer does not present an opportunity to change the user. You will need to uninstall first.

Cheers,

- Jo.

View solution in original post

jhornsby_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @adalbor ,

Can we run the installer to upgrade and switch to low priv mode without having to uninstall the UF first?

Unfortunately not. During an upgrade the installer does not present an opportunity to change the user. You will need to uninstall first.

Cheers,

- Jo.

adalbor
Builder

Thanks for the info!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...