Splunk Enterprise Security

Unique Users logged into host

GenericSplunkUs
Path Finder

I've got a search that's using two stats commands and I'm trying to find a way to get the same results without doubling up on the stats command. I've been searching for answers but I guess I'm not using the right keywords.

What I've got.
index=windowseventlogs EventID="4625" OR EventID="4776" OR EventID="4624" OR EventID="4777" AND NOT user="-" | stats count by user, host | stats count as user by host

Is there a better way to get this same result? I want to be able to list how many unique users logged into the host.

Thanks

0 Karma
1 Solution

adonio
Ultra Champion

maybe ... | stats dc(user) as unique_users values(user) as list_of_users count as total_logged_attempt by host ?

View solution in original post

0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

maybe ... | stats dc(user) as unique_users values(user) as list_of_users count as total_logged_attempt by host ?

0 Karma

GenericSplunkUs
Path Finder

This is much better, thank you.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...