Splunk Enterprise Security

Threat_Intelligence.Threat_Activity- How can I configure these fields "orig_sourcetype" ?

Cayplos
Engager

Hi,

I use Splunk Enterprise Security with Threat Intelligence framework.

Splunk creates many notables 'Threat Activity Detected' but I'd like to add/remove/edit source types.

I have only events with field "orig_sourcetype="apache:access" now. For example I tried add events from firewalls and compare source with suspicious IPs.

How can I configure these fields "orig_sourcetype" in Threat Intelligence data model ?

Labels (2)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Cayplos,

it isn't an immediate activity:

you have to understand which Data Model is used by the Correlation Search,

then you have to see the tags that are used to populate this Data Model,

then you have to see how your additional logs are parsed, are you using a CIM4.x compliant Add-On,?probably not because they are, by default, normalized and tagged in the correct way to load events in the Data Model.

If you're using a custom Add-On you have to normalize it using e.g. the App Builder App.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...