Splunk Enterprise Security

Tenant to Tenant migration through ODM

yourfriend
Loves-to-Learn

Hi All,

Our Client has sell off some part of it to another company, Here I am using "CL"  as our client "ZX" as new company who bought this.

"CL" was worried about, as part of migration "ZX" will use Quest ODM for migrating M365 data  (Email, OneDrive, SharePoint and Teams) from "CL" tenant to the "ZX" tenant. A cloud only Service Accounts, CL-ZX-QuestODM, will be created to support the ODM migration. Permissions for this service account will be limited to specific mailboxes, OneDrive, SharePoint and Teams sites that are associated with "ZX". The expectation is that "ZX" will only be copying data associated with "ZX" that has been approved by "CL". This account should not be used to upload any data to the "CL"

Does anyone have any recommendations for a use cases or controls related to this Service Account? For example: if be it copying "CL" data, uploading any data or accessing other M365 Services (i.e. security portals, etc.) could it trigger an alert?

Thanks in advance. Your answer will be pretty much helpful for me.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...