Splunk Enterprise Security

Splunk Security Essentials - Mitre Map does not report each correlation search?

davidem
Explorer

Hi Splunkers,

I have a problem with the "Splunk Security Essentials" application. Currently, I have 34 activated correlation searches that I would like to map on the Mitre Framework.

Viewing the "sse_content_exported_lookup" file, the mitre information does not match the information reported in each correlation rule.

Also, there are correlation searches in the "sse_content_exported_lookup" file that had the mitre but didn't appear in the Mitre Map.

However, all 34 correlation searches show up in the bookmarks.

Could you suggest a solution? is there any procedure I can follow to make sure that all active correlation searches appear in the mitre map?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

davidem
Explorer

I noticed that in the file "use_case.csv" ("| sseanalytics | lookup use_cases.csv....") the one from which the data for the mitre map is taken, the data does not match the data in the correlation search, and in particular the field "mitre_tactic_display" is "none".

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...