Splunk Enterprise Security

Splunk Enterprise Security

kkkelvinkk

Hi,

I have installed a splunk enterprise trial and also requested Splunk Enterprise Security. I noticed that when I try a simple search "fail* password" in both platform, the fields that available are different. In Splunk Enterprise Security, the fields "dest, src, user" are being shown. I would like to ask is these fields are being known to splunk after installing Splunk Enterprise Security ?
Thanks all.

0 Karma
1 Solution

sfefcu
Path Finder

The Splunk Enterprise Security App installs several security-specific apps and configured inputs. The idea is to make it (Common Information Model) CIM-compliant. The Common Information Model (Splunk_SA_CIM) is one of the apps that is installed. Those fields (dest, src, user) are part of that app.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

kkkelvinkk

Thanks. I have installed the CIM, but CIM alone sms did not extract those fields. I also install Splunk Add-on for Unix and Linux and the fields are available now.

0 Karma

sfefcu
Path Finder

The Splunk Enterprise Security App installs several security-specific apps and configured inputs. The idea is to make it (Common Information Model) CIM-compliant. The Common Information Model (Splunk_SA_CIM) is one of the apps that is installed. Those fields (dest, src, user) are part of that app.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...