Splunk Enterprise Security

Splunk Enterprise Security: Why won't a workflow action open in a new search from the Incident Review page?

chiltonb
Explorer

I have made a workflow action item that looks up details on an IP address when there is a threat hit. This works when it is ran from the Search and Reporting app, but when I try to run it from the Incident Review page within Splunk Enterprise Security (ES) it defaults back to ES and does not open it in a new search. Does anyone know why this won't allow me to open in a new search?

0 Karma
1 Solution

jstoner_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If I read this correctly, you are in IR, you build your own field menu workflow and you want to run a search. You put in a search string that worked correctly before. You are running in the current app context which should be ok.

What view are you using? It is not a mandatory field but when doing an integration of my own, I setting the view field to search and then opened a new window would work decently.

View solution in original post

jstoner_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If I read this correctly, you are in IR, you build your own field menu workflow and you want to run a search. You put in a search string that worked correctly before. You are running in the current app context which should be ok.

What view are you using? It is not a mandatory field but when doing an integration of my own, I setting the view field to search and then opened a new window would work decently.

jstoner_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

See attached screenshot.  If you leave the view blank it will default to the view you are in which would be incident_response.  To get the search to open in a new window, try putting the term search in that open in view text box and see if that helps.

chiltonb
Explorer

That worked, I didn't type search in the "Open in view" box, I thought that it would have been a drop down selection.

Thanks!

0 Karma

chiltonb
Explorer

Correct im in Incident Review, I then go to actions and then to the workflow I have created. The work flow is set to open in a new window.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...