Splunk Enterprise Security

Splunk Enterprise Security: When a user account is deleted, what happens to Incidents closed or resolved by that user?

kiran331
Builder

HI

I have to remove a user account in Splunk. What happens to the incidents closed or resolved by that user?

0 Karma
1 Solution

jstoner_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I took a user, assigned notable events to them made some edits and then deleted the user. The audit is intact with the user and the notable events in the ui show them as the owner. Those names are not scrubbed from the kvstore. I would want to maintain some sort of a search to identify terminated employees who have notable events assigned to them so those events don't stay hanging out there.

View solution in original post

jstoner_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I took a user, assigned notable events to them made some edits and then deleted the user. The audit is intact with the user and the notable events in the ui show them as the owner. Those names are not scrubbed from the kvstore. I would want to maintain some sort of a search to identify terminated employees who have notable events assigned to them so those events don't stay hanging out there.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...