Splunk Enterprise Security

Splunk Enterprise Security: Is it possible to prepopulate adaptive response action form with data from notable event?

splinks
Explorer

Hi,

Is it possible to prepopulate an adaptive response action's form from the notable event?

Let's say my notable event has fields:

fielda = 1234
fieldb = 5436
fieldc = 8512

And my alert_props.conf has

param.field1 = $result.fielda$
param.field2 = $result.fieldb$
param.field3 = $result.fieldc$

When someone (via Splunk Enterprise Security) does Actions->Run Adaptive Response Actions, I would expect Splunk to prepopulate the form with the values from the notable event it was selected through. Is this possible?

bnorthway_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

try it like this:

param.field1 = fielda

0 Karma

kchamplin_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

As far as I know this is not possible today. There are a few enhancements as have been slated for the UI portion of Adaptive Response and this is one of them. The other is for support for "dynamic input controls" which was added to Mod Alerts in 6.5

0 Karma

splinks
Explorer

The workaround I found for this is to simply hardcode my default value's into the XML.

<input=...... value="$result.field1$"/>
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...