Splunk Enterprise Security

Splunk Enterprise Security: Is it possible to embed an Adaptive Response hyperlink into the Notable Event Next Steps?

jwiedemann_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I know that it is possible to embed an Adaptive Response hyperlink into the next steps section of Splunk Enterprise Security (ES), however I'm wondering if you can embed plain old hyperlinks to other Splunk dashboards and even external sites within the next steps. I've attempted several permutations of steps with hyperlinks and wasn't able to get any of them to work as I expected

According to the Splunk documentation here: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/ES/4.6.0/User/IncludedResponseActions#Create_a_notable_event it says that hyperlinks are supported but I'm thinking that's only relevant to Adaptive Response actions that have been added to your environment

0 Karma
1 Solution

smoir_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

"You can only type plain text and links to response actions"
Only links to adaptive response actions. Hyperlinks are not supported in next steps or the description field for notable events. Links included will be visible but not clickable.

View solution in original post

Splunker
Communicator

One way to achieve your goal is to maybe have your "next steps" link implemented as a workflow action?

Cheers.

smoir_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

"You can only type plain text and links to response actions"
Only links to adaptive response actions. Hyperlinks are not supported in next steps or the description field for notable events. Links included will be visible but not clickable.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...