Splunk Enterprise Security

Splunk Enterprise Security: How to update the Incident Review Audit Dashboard to include a timepicker?

AndySplunks
Communicator

Has anyone ever tried updating the Incident Review Audit Dashboard in Splunk ES to include a timepicker?

I can't seem to get any of the searches in the panels to use the timepicker.

0 Karma
1 Solution

AndySplunks
Communicator

Here are some searches that cover my use cases:

This search will show review activity over time by user.
| `incident_review| where _time>=relative_time(now(), "$timeframe.earliest$") AND _time<=relative_time(now(), "$timeframe.latest$") | timechart useother=useother` count by reviewer_realname span=1d

This search is for notable events that are opened over time by their urgency.
| `notable` | search NOT suppression=* | timechart count by urgency

Finally is a search that shows the number of events handled by each ES user.
| `incident_review| where _time>=relative_time(now(), "$timeframe.earliest$") AND _time<=relative_time(now(), "$timeframe.latest$") | stats sparkline,count,min(_time) as firstTime,max(_time) as lastTime by reviewer_realname | \uitime(firstTime)| \uitime(lastTime)` | sort 100 - count

View solution in original post

0 Karma

AndySplunks
Communicator

Here are some searches that cover my use cases:

This search will show review activity over time by user.
| `incident_review| where _time>=relative_time(now(), "$timeframe.earliest$") AND _time<=relative_time(now(), "$timeframe.latest$") | timechart useother=useother` count by reviewer_realname span=1d

This search is for notable events that are opened over time by their urgency.
| `notable` | search NOT suppression=* | timechart count by urgency

Finally is a search that shows the number of events handled by each ES user.
| `incident_review| where _time>=relative_time(now(), "$timeframe.earliest$") AND _time<=relative_time(now(), "$timeframe.latest$") | stats sparkline,count,min(_time) as firstTime,max(_time) as lastTime by reviewer_realname | \uitime(firstTime)| \uitime(lastTime)` | sort 100 - count

0 Karma

AndySplunks
Communicator

I'm making progress on this issue. I've got searches setup that work for timeframes that don't include 'now.' Previous Week works, Week To Date does not work. My Timepicker is named timeframe.

For the 'Review Activity By Reviewer' panel, I've got the following search setup:

| incident_review | where _time>=relative_time(now(), "$timeframe.earliest$") AND _time<=relative_time(now(), "$timeframe.latest$") | timechart useother=useother count by reviewer_realname

For 'Top Reviewers' panel, I've got the following search setup:

| incident_review | where _time>=relative_time(now(), "$timeframe.earliest$") AND _time<=relative_time(now(), "$timeframe.latest$") | stats sparkline,count,min(_time) as firstTime,max(_time) as lastTime by reviewer_realname | uitime(firstTime) | uitime(lastTime) | sort 100 - count

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...