Splunk Enterprise Security

Splunk Enterprise Security: How to remove a notable event from the "Security Posture" dashboard after investigation?

mgrosholz
Path Finder

I have a notable event seen in Splunk Enterprise Security's Security Posture dashboard.

I have reviewed it and determined it to be a false positive.
I want to remove it from view on the Security Posture dashboard.

Is there any way to do this?

Azeemering
Builder

What you could try is index=notable rule_title="your_notable_event_title" | delete

apcsplunk
Explorer

This worked for me 🙂

index=notable search_name="*your notable title*" | delete 
0 Karma

supreetsingh

Click the Edit-> Edit Panels in the Security Posture Dashboard.
Under the Top Notable Events, click the search report and select Notable-Top Events and select Open in Search. Add status_group="New" to this search:

| `es_notable_events` | search timeDiff_type=current status_group="New" | stats sparkline(sum(count),30m) as sparkline,sum(count) as count by rule_name | sort 100 - count

Click Save, Save Dashboard. click Done
The Security Posture Dashboard will only show New Notable events

0 Karma

esix_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

In the current form, there is no easy way to delete a notable event. The basic idea here is that event your false positives, you want to categorize. So you could create a new class for false positives and classify these notables into this.

See here : http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/ES/4.1.1/User/NotableEvents

If you're really looking to delete the events, you'll need to look at the incident_review and notables macros, and where they are pulling the data from. In the latest versions of ES, notables are stored between KVStore, lookup files, and summary indexes..

0 Karma

mgrosholz
Path Finder

I don't want to make all the alerts false positives. Just the specific event that was investigated.

Would grouping them into a new class push all like events there? Or just that event?

Also, deleting the events, as you mentioned above, would delete all the notable events of the same kind; correct?

0 Karma

esix_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You can go through the events singularly, and either mark them as false / true, or delete them.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...