Splunk Enterprise Security

Splunk Enterprise Security: How to manually trigger notables?

koshyk
Super Champion

We had an outage of 2 hours for all Enterprise Security Search Heads. During this period, we missed few notables to "Incident View" screen. Of-course when Splunk came back-up it started cron jobs from that point onwards and the 2 hours worth of notables is not triggered.
(THese notables are generated using savedsearches within Enterprise Security)
So my query
- if I know the time period and savedsearches/co-relation search for Use-case. How to trigger notables to "Incident Review" dashboard manually?

The only piece I don't know is search to notables index insertion. If you guys know the summary-indexing search to notables , it would be very helpful

0 Karma

wenthold
Communicator

If you search for the events manually under the Splunk Enterprise Security search context (ES->Search->Search), "Create Notable Event" will be one of the options available from the "Event Actions" drop down in the search results.

AFAIK, this will only work with raw search results. I don't believe you can manually create notables from tstats/stats/etc. results.

0 Karma

koshyk
Super Champion

I've almost found a way to create notables from tstats. just testing few more notables and duplicates to validate this.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...