Splunk Enterprise Security

Splunk Enterprise Security: How to associate business software to an asset?

edhealea
Path Finder

I have a .csv which contains a list of business applications, the app owner, the server(hostname or same as nt_host) the app is installed on and the software's risk rating.
What I need to do is take the application(s) and the app owner(s) and associate them to the nt_host in our assets.
I currently have the file installed as a lookup but not sure how to proceed.

0 Karma

Richfez
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The regular Splunk tutorial may or may not have an example (I don't know for sure), but here's one that you can follow to get a reasonable example of how to do these things.

A close reading of the docs for lookup may also suggest at least things to try.

One thing you might need to do is make sure you have a field to join them up on - nt_host is fine, but it would have to be on both sides (not necessarily with the same name - just the contents.)

... | lookup TheNameOfMyLookup FieldInLookup1 AS FieldNameInEvent1 OUTPUT appowner AS MyNewAppOwnerName application AS MyNewApplicationName

It's just a sample, but hopefully this gets you started.

Happy Splunking,
Rich

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...