Splunk Enterprise Security

Splunk Enterprise Security: How to add fields to notable event after invoking adaptive response action?

splinks
Explorer

Hi,

I am wondering if it is possible to have my adaptive response actions append fields to the notable which triggered them. I am in a situation where my adaptive response action returns a link, and I would like for that link to be displayed alongside all other interesting fields in the notable.

I followed http://blogs.splunk.com/2015/04/13/how-to-edit-notable-events-in-es-programatically/ and tried to provide the REST API an argument like args['my_link'] and received the following error :

{"message":"ValueError: One of comment, owner, status, urgency is required.","success":false}

Is there anyway to update the notable and append new fields to it based on the results of adaptive response actions?

0 Karma

starcher
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This may answer the question though it is not trivial.
http://www.georgestarcher.com/splunk-enterprise-security-enhancing-incident-review/

0 Karma

apollocs

Did you ever find an answer to adding fields to "additional fields" after a notable was generated?

0 Karma

rxie_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You will need to pass the argument as dictionary to the REST handler.

Try to set args['comment'] = 'my_link'

splinks
Explorer

I'm not trying to add a comment, I'm trying to add a whole new field to the notable

0 Karma

rxie_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I don't think you can do it by just adding another field to the args.

Maybe just put the link in the comment field?

0 Karma

Fouad
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Did you solved your problem? Any updated? Same issue here.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...