Splunk Enterprise Security

Splunk Enterprise Security: How to add fields to notable event after invoking adaptive response action?

splinks
Explorer

Hi,

I am wondering if it is possible to have my adaptive response actions append fields to the notable which triggered them. I am in a situation where my adaptive response action returns a link, and I would like for that link to be displayed alongside all other interesting fields in the notable.

I followed http://blogs.splunk.com/2015/04/13/how-to-edit-notable-events-in-es-programatically/ and tried to provide the REST API an argument like args['my_link'] and received the following error :

{"message":"ValueError: One of comment, owner, status, urgency is required.","success":false}

Is there anyway to update the notable and append new fields to it based on the results of adaptive response actions?

0 Karma

starcher
Influencer

This may answer the question though it is not trivial.
http://www.georgestarcher.com/splunk-enterprise-security-enhancing-incident-review/

0 Karma

apollocs

Did you ever find an answer to adding fields to "additional fields" after a notable was generated?

0 Karma

rxie_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You will need to pass the argument as dictionary to the REST handler.

Try to set args['comment'] = 'my_link'

splinks
Explorer

I'm not trying to add a comment, I'm trying to add a whole new field to the notable

0 Karma

rxie_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I don't think you can do it by just adding another field to the args.

Maybe just put the link in the comment field?

0 Karma

Fouad
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Did you solved your problem? Any updated? Same issue here.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...