Splunk Enterprise Security

Splunk Enterprise Security: Drilldown stats list

gbhw

Hi,

I am building a vulnerability dashboard and got the following table:

alt text

To make it easier to read I like to combine the IP addresses using

| stats list(Vulnerability) AS Vulnerabilities, list(VulnerabilityId) AS VulnerabilityId by IP

alt text

The VulnerabilityId is an internal unique Id that I like to hide from the user but I would like to add a drilldown that sets a token to this VulnerabilityId. In the first table I can achieve that by setting the a token to "$row.VulnerabilityId$". The problem is as soon as I use "stats list()" the token will include all VulnerabilityIds in the cell (14923,14924,14925,...).

• Is there a possibility to only set the one VulnerabilityId associated with the Vulnerability clicked?
  • If not, is there a possibility to somehow mask the VulnerabilityId so it simple shows a specific word (e.g. "Details") and on click the token is set to the actual value in the cell?
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi gbhw,
use values(...):

| stats values(Vulnerability) AS Vulnerabilities values(VulnerabilityId) AS VulnerabilityId by IP

But beware because the display order of Vulnerabilities and VulnerabilityId isn't the same for both the lists, in other words Vulnerabilities and VulnerabilityId are orders in alphabetical order and it could possible that thefirst Vulnerability isn't related to the first VulnerabilityId.
If you want you could have a different approach:
you could use the Vulnerability description as key, or you could correlate Vulnerability and VulnerabilityId before stats and after stats use a regex to extract VulnerabilityId to use for drilldown, in other words:

| eval column=Vulnerability."_".VulnerabilityId
| stats values(column) AS Vulnerabilities by IP
| rex field=column "[^_]*_(?<VulnerabilityId>.*)"
| table IP Vulnerabilities VulnerabilityId

Ciao.
Giuseppe

View solution in original post

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi gbhw,
use values(...):

| stats values(Vulnerability) AS Vulnerabilities values(VulnerabilityId) AS VulnerabilityId by IP

But beware because the display order of Vulnerabilities and VulnerabilityId isn't the same for both the lists, in other words Vulnerabilities and VulnerabilityId are orders in alphabetical order and it could possible that thefirst Vulnerability isn't related to the first VulnerabilityId.
If you want you could have a different approach:
you could use the Vulnerability description as key, or you could correlate Vulnerability and VulnerabilityId before stats and after stats use a regex to extract VulnerabilityId to use for drilldown, in other words:

| eval column=Vulnerability."_".VulnerabilityId
| stats values(column) AS Vulnerabilities by IP
| rex field=column "[^_]*_(?<VulnerabilityId>.*)"
| table IP Vulnerabilities VulnerabilityId

Ciao.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

gbhw

I tried your suggestion using the values instead of list but it has the same behavior.
But the idea of using a combined value and extract the Id from it is a good workaround. I've tested it and it works.
Thank you!!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...