Splunk Enterprise Security

Splunk Enterprise Security: Content Management and Incident Review page not showing anything after upgrade

wilhelmF
Path Finder

We just recently upgraded to the latest version of ES 4.7.2 from 4.5.2 However after upgrading the page content management doesn't yield any results (see screenshot).
It stays in the "Retrieving searches and views..." state.
The same is true for the Incident Review Page. (see below)
I already checked the configuration health. The local overrides and the local overrides and removed stanzas look right but I see many unshipped items. Is this expected?
Any clue how to fix this?
alt text

alt text

0 Karma
1 Solution

LukeMurphey
Champion

Can you try clearing your browser cache? Cached Javascript often causes problems after upgrades.

View solution in original post

LukeMurphey
Champion

Can you try clearing your browser cache? Cached Javascript often causes problems after upgrades.

wilhelmF
Path Finder

It worked for the Incident page but not for the correlation search page.

thanks

0 Karma

wilhelmF
Path Finder

Thank you Luke for your suggesstion. I reinstalled the app and cleaned again the Cache and now it seems to work. Not really sure why. Thanks for your help

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

@wilhelmF Can you check the browser debug console and let me know what errors appear? You also may jsut want to consider opening a support case.

0 Karma

smoir_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If that doesn't work, make sure that your version of Splunk Enterprise is compatible with the newest version of ES!

0 Karma

wilhelmF
Path Finder

We have 6.5.2 which is compitable

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...