Splunk Enterprise Security

Splunk Enterprise Security 3.3.1: Notable Event Suppression "The provided search is not valid"

kmanson
Path Finder

I am trying to suppress an event "Account Deleted" and receiving the error "The provided search is not valid" when trying to save the suppression. This search works in a normal search window.

index=notable source="Access - Account Deleted - Rule" _time>=1445961951 src_user="svc-udaadm" | regex user="\d{9}"

In another suppression I get the same error with this search, once again works in a normal search window.

index=notable source="Threat - Threat List Activity - Rule" threat_match_field="dest" threat_group=iblocklist_logmein _time>=1445984423 [| inputlookup whitelisted_logmein.csv | rename whitelisted_logmein as src | fields + src]

Splunk 6.3.0 with ES 3.3.1

0 Karma
1 Solution

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'm pretty sure notable event suppressions follow the same rules as eventtypes - no subsearches, no pipes.

View solution in original post

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'm pretty sure notable event suppressions follow the same rules as eventtypes - no subsearches, no pipes.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...