Splunk Enterprise Security

Splunk Enterprise Distributed Deployment Guide RHEL 7

grantk87

Hello,

I have inherited a Splunk Enterprise deployment with a mixed OS (Windows/Linux) environment. We are in the process of converting this to a full linux instance and want to leave the Hybrid instance behind. Could someone provide me a link to a step-by-step configuration process for setting up the following:

1. A Search Head Cluster (3 search heads)

2. Indexer Cluster (5 indexers). - NOTE: This is already functioning in the old instance, so I believe I can figure this one out. However, I just want to ensure this is done right.

3. Deployer/Cluster Master

We already have a Deployment server in place and 4 Heavy forwarders. My biggest concern is setting up the search head cluster since we do not currently have this implemented. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
grantk1987

0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

this is a big task.. maybe, you need to this step by step.. and when you are stuck at a particular step, you can ask that issue, so that we can reply..

0 Karma

codebuilder
Influencer

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.3.0/DistSearch/SHCdeploymentoverview

----
An upvote would be appreciated and Accept Solution if it helps!
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...