Splunk Enterprise Security

Splunk ES Assets and identity setup

splunkcol
Builder

Hi, has anyone worked with Assets and identity from Splunk Enterprise Security?

I already have the App "Splunk Supporting Add-on for Active Directory" installed

From the app I do connection tests and they are successful but when I enter Splunk ES I do not see Assets and Identity information

What should I check?

splunkcol_0-1613051624070.png

splunkcol_1-1613051703809.png

Labels (1)
0 Karma

splunkcol
Builder

Yes, that is what I need but it is not very clear to me, I need support from someone who can guide me since the documentation is not very clear

at this moment I know that I must enter the tab "Data on Boarding"

splunkcol_0-1613062871661.png

but it is not clear to me that I must fill out the form

splunkcol_0-1613063505631.png

0 Karma

lakshman239
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

One approach you could follow 

1.using the LDAP/AD addon that you have pull all the required fields for asset and identity. On to a temp index 

2. Using the events from temp index, create, format and validate the fields and create required lookups.

3. Update asset/identity inputs/macros to your custom lookups

splunkcol
Builder

Thanks for your answer, because there is no more specific documentation on what are the values ​​that I could put in that form, could you give me an example of how to fill those fields?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...