Splunk Enterprise Security

Splunk ES 4.5 - How do we track removed 'investigations' created against a notable event?

lakshman239
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I understand we can use the following to look at the investigations created which are 'Active'.

|inputlookup append=t investigative_canvas_lookup
|inputlookup append=t investigative_canvas_entries_lookup

How to audit/track 'removed' investigations by an analyst? The info in _audit index logs seems to not capture 'delete/remove investigations'. Any pointers/help would be appreciated.

0 Karma
1 Solution

lakshman239
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Thx Luke. Looking for the 1st one mainly

View solution in original post

0 Karma

lakshman239
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Thx luke and looking for a solution in near future

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

We don't currently have sufficient audit trail info for this case. We have an enhancement request to do this. For reference, the enhancement request number is SOLNESS-10790.

I'll try to remember to post back here once this gets done.

lakshman239
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Thx Luke. How about for items 2 and 3 above. Just curious

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

Good question.

That enhancement request is not just to increase auditing for item 1 but to make sure we log thoroughly (which should include all three plus other actions). Our goal is to make it where any change to an investigation is logged.

0 Karma

DEAD_BEEF
Builder

Any update on request SOLNESS-10790?

0 Karma

lakshman239
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Thx Luke. Looking for the 1st one mainly

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

For clarification, which were you wanting to track:

1. Deleted investigations
  2. Notables removed from investigations
  3. Records of notables that were deleted that had been associated with an investigation
0 Karma

gonz0

I have run this same search, but I get no results even tho i have investigations in journal created. how would I create such a list of all journal entries?

0 Karma

lakshman239
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Item 1 above pls

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...