Splunk Enterprise Security

Splunk Alert using Splunk ITSI Notable Event - Creating a Service Now Incident

t_splunk_d
Path Finder

In Splunk Enterprise I have alerts. Now I want to create Servicenow incidents by adding the alert action using ITSI Notable Events.

Following are my questions:

1. Whether the above approach is doable ( assuming that all required apps are in-place and configurations complete and working)
  2. Is it possible to create an incident by sending all the ServiceNow field's value? Is this out of the box? I am sure it is not. Because I can only see few basic fields.
  3. What needs to be done to pass all the values to ServiceNow? I want to populate all the field's values in a ServiceNow incident. Do i need to change the .py (not able to remember the name)?

The existing Splunk alert has all the values (including resolution etc.). Currently it is a manual effort of copy and paste in the ServiceNow incident which I want to automate.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...