Splunk Enterprise Security

Send email on Notable Event close action

Splunkometry88
Explorer

Hi Team

I am looking to send an email alert once the notable event is closed, I can send an email when the notable event is created but I cannot seem to find a way to send an email when the notable event is closed

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Jhunter
Explorer

The only thing I can think of is a new correlation search (or scheduled search - an Alert with email as trigger actions) that looks at the incident_review.csv (or the macro `incident_review` which has better context) and tracks status changes for notables going from 1 to 5. 

One way without thinking about the logic too deeply is to create a new CSV with all notables with unclosed status (coming from the incident_review.csv) 

Have the search run every 5-15 minutes (it shouldn't be resource intensive) and use a lookup command against incident_review.csv and look for where one of the unclosed notables has changed to a closed status.

Hope this helps..

View solution in original post

Jhunter
Explorer

The only thing I can think of is a new correlation search (or scheduled search - an Alert with email as trigger actions) that looks at the incident_review.csv (or the macro `incident_review` which has better context) and tracks status changes for notables going from 1 to 5. 

One way without thinking about the logic too deeply is to create a new CSV with all notables with unclosed status (coming from the incident_review.csv) 

Have the search run every 5-15 minutes (it shouldn't be resource intensive) and use a lookup command against incident_review.csv and look for where one of the unclosed notables has changed to a closed status.

Hope this helps..

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...