Splunk Enterprise Security

[PCI] Could you please elobrate logic for display of Compliance Status History view for security Posture

rbal_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The issue is for the “PCI Compliance Posture” dashboard the View “Compliance Status History” is not showing data.  It just displays. It just displayed line

xx1.png

Labels (1)
0 Karma

rbal_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The view is based on search

index="pci_posture_summary" search_name="PCI - Compliance Status History - Summary Gen"  | `makemv(orig_tag)` | `mvappend_field(tag,orig_tag)` | extract kv_for_pci_compliance_status_history_summary | timechart span=`pci_compliance_history_span` latest(All) as All

If you look at the SPL for the base search for "PCI - Compliance Status History - Summary Gen", it has following results 

yy.png

Each of the requirement refers to scorecards on "PCI Compliance Posture"

yy1.png

Based on the search for "Compliance Status History" 

- Where “All” requirement has rolled up number from another score cards on
- The logic is, when we have new notable i.e ( where investigation has not started ) , in this case we will show compliance_status= - 10000000000
-In case we have notable that are being investigated they will have compliance_status=0
-If all the investigation get closed -when the search run in that case compliance_status= 10000000000

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...