Splunk Enterprise Security

OpenLDAP add-on fields extraction

kevinleeV

I recently installed openldap add-on on both splunk cloud instance and splunk enterprise security instance

https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3520/

However, the fields extraction only occurs within splunk cloud instance, not ES. How does this happen? What would be a fix for this?
alt text

0 Karma

kchamplin_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This is likely due to app-imports-update mod input not configured to accept the OpenLDAP app name:
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/ES/5.1.0/Install/ImportCustomApps

0 Karma

kevinleeV

I can see Splunk_TA_openldap being imported within ES when below command is performed. Seems like apps are being imported

| rest /servicesNS/admin/system/apps/local/SplunkEnterpriseSecuritySuite/import splunk_server=local | fields import

0 Karma

kthammireddygar
Path Finder

i assume you have done debug/refresh.

Search :
index=yourindex sourcetype=ldap modifiersname=*

try this search on both the instances.

0 Karma

kevinleeV

When your modifiedersname is searched in ES, no results get returned, while you get a bunch of data within Splunk cloud

0 Karma

kthammireddygar
Path Finder

Can you please check Permissions for openldap add-on?
Is it Private or Global or App?
Please make it Global.

0 Karma

kevinleeV

It was set to App and I changed to Global. However, there is no difference in fields extraction.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...