Splunk Enterprise Security

Notable urgency not registering correctly

ebs
Communicator

Hi,

According to the Splunk Docs page How urgency is assigned to notable events in Splunk Enterprise Security if I assign an asset Medium priority and High severity in the related Correlation Search (CS) it should register as a High Notable, however it still persists to register as a Medium causing me to up the Severity to Critical. Has there been a change in how ES operates where the table as written no longer works or is there something wrong with the ES instance? Also its Splunk Cloud

0 Karma

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @ebs,

Did you check if your Urgency Lookup is modified? 

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/ES/6.4.1/User/Howurgencyisassigned#Modify_the_urgency_lookup_d...

If this reply helps you an upvote and "Accept as Solution" is appreciated.
0 Karma

ebs
Communicator

I just checked and it seems to be unaltered

0 Karma

p_gurav9491
Loves-to-Learn Everything

Is this issue got resolved? we are facing similar issue where priority is unknown and  severity is critical, according to matrix it should trigger high notables but its triggering low and medium notables also.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...