Splunk Enterprise Security

Need your expert advice about Splunk Ent. & Enterprise Security (ES) Backups + Disaster Recover + HA advice please.

SamHTexas
Builder

Need your expert advice about Splunk Ent. & Enterprise Security (ES) Backups + Disaster Recover + HA advice please. Any steps to succeed in this project specially in AWS environment is appreciated. Thank u in advance

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

lkutch_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You didn't give us much to work with.  Everyone has different DR/HA needs and we don't know yours so we can offer only general answers.

Search head and indexer clustering help, especially if they're multi-site.  Have standby instances of the management servers ready.

See https://lantern.splunk.com/Splunk_Success_Framework/Platform_Managment/Managing_backup_and_restore_p... for basic information and links to other helpful sites.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

SamHTexas
Builder

Thank u for your message. Hoping you had a safe & nice 4th of July. We have Clustering on the Indexers & SHs, in addition to a LM, Deployment server. Am working / documenting backing up the .conf files. What other critical steps would you recommend for Splunk Ent. & ES? I have done BU/DR for Windows environment for a long time. I want to make sure I am covered when Splunk servers go down say about 2 AM on a Saturday or so. I sure appreciate your expert advices as always.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...