Splunk Enterprise Security

Need a help with workflow action or notable event contribution Events

satyaallaparthi
Communicator

Hello,

We created a notable event for DLP which creating

Contributing Events:
DLP Drilldown for 652837

when ever I click on DLP drill down for incident.. that is taking to splunk search and search for the who dlp web link in splunk search where I am not getting anything..

how can I create a notable event to link that with the google search instead of splunk search..
https://dlp/ProtectManager/EndpointIncidentDetail.do?value(variable_1)=incident.id&value(operator_1)...

and I created a workflow action but no luck. I am attaching my both workflow actions and notable event screen shot.. Please do help me with that.

Any help would be great.

Thanksalt text

0 Karma
1 Solution

solarboyz1
Builder

The drill-down field of a notable is expecting splunk search syntax, you can't reference a workflow.

Since your workflow has been created, you should see it available as a drop-down on the actions menu for the event on the incident review page.

Additionally, if you drill-in to the notable, the workflow should be available in action menu for the incident_id field.

As far as I know, you cannot specify and external link or workflow as a drill-down.

View solution in original post

solarboyz1
Builder

The drill-down field of a notable is expecting splunk search syntax, you can't reference a workflow.

Since your workflow has been created, you should see it available as a drop-down on the actions menu for the event on the incident review page.

Additionally, if you drill-in to the notable, the workflow should be available in action menu for the incident_id field.

As far as I know, you cannot specify and external link or workflow as a drill-down.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...