Splunk Enterprise Security

Navigation editor in Enterprise Security not working properly - is there a .conf file?

echojacques
Builder

Hello,

I'm running Splunk 6 and Enterprise Security 3. I'm having several problems when attempting to edit the default ES navigation menu (configure > general > navigation):

1. I cannot add a "new collection" which is a new menu item. I can name it but then the new name doesn't get saved. I also cannot drag any items (unused reports) into it.
  2. I cannot rename any collections (the changes do not get saved).
  3. Moving a collection/menu item or anything around in the editor is very difficult, if not impossible. The item or collection you are trying to move, moves around the screen erratically and very quickly, too quick to have any control of where you are moving an item to.

I've tried IE and Firefox and have the same problems in both. Although, problem #3 is somewhat alleviated in IE.

So my question is, is there a .conf file (or another file) that I can edit to modify the navigation menu manually since I'm having trouble making the edits in the UI's navigation editor?

Thanks!

0 Karma
1 Solution

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi, sorry to hear about that. The file is SplunkEnterpriseSecuritySuite/local/data/UI/navigation.xml (from memory).

View solution in original post

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi, sorry to hear about that. The file is SplunkEnterpriseSecuritySuite/local/data/UI/navigation.xml (from memory).

echojacques
Builder

Thanks! With your help, I found it in:
SplunkEnterpriseSecuritySuite/local/data/ui/nav/default.xml

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...