Splunk Enterprise Security

Merging identity lookups fails

vagnet
Explorer

Hi Splunkers,

I have an issue merging two identity lookup files on ES. In particular, my first lookup file has rows like the below:

identity	priority	email
vagn		low	        vag@gmail.com

The second lookup file looks like the below:

identity	priority	email
vagn		critical	vag@gmail.com

I would expect that when I run the "| inputlookup append=T identity_lookup_expanded | entitymerge identity " command I would have a result like the below, yet this doesn't happen.

identity	priority	email
vagn		critical	vag@gmail.com
			low

Any ideas? I have enabled the multivalue field for the "priority" field already so it can hold more than one value but didn't help.

Regards,

Evang

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Karma

johnhuang
Motivator

The "priority" field, by default is defined as single value field. I'm not sure why you would want this to be multivalued -- ideally you should use stats and eval to make it into a single value field.

If you want to change this to multivalued: Configure -> Asset and Identity Management -> Identify Fields -> priority -> Multivalue (check and save).

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...