Splunk Enterprise Security

Manual Notable Event

ansusabu
Communicator

I was trying to create a manual notable event using "sendalert notable". But the name of the notable is coming as "Manual Notable Event- Rule". How can I name the notable to exactly what I want?
Please note that I want to create the notable through senalert only.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

alert_action_name
Syntax: <alert_action_name>Description: The name of the alert action configured in the alert_actions.conf file

May we know the alert_action_name you configured in your alert_actions.conf file please.

(if this post helped you in anyway, pls upvote. if this post resolved your query, pls "accept this as the solution", so that this question will be moved from unanswered to answered, thanks. )

0 Karma

prashanthberam
Explorer

did you get any solution for this. Am facing same problem. Please reply me if you found any solution.

0 Karma

akheraj_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

use the param.search_name="YOUR CUSTOM NAME". you can update the other fields in similar fashion: param.notable_field="YOUR VALUE"

sendalert documentation

0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

That doesn't work - none of the param fields are added to the notable event - certain fields in the event, e.g. search_name are renamed to orig_search_name if you try to add it that way

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...