Splunk Enterprise Security

Is there a way to optimize correlation search with tstats?

b_chris21
Communicator

Hello everyone,

I have a correlation search setup to detect Suricata IDS alerts of a specific severity and trigger a notable as response action to ES.

I would like to know if there is a way to optimize my search and transform it into tstats one in order to optimize the speed and performance.

My current search:

index=suricata sourcetype=suricata event_type=alert alert.severity=1

I have Datamodel "Intrusion Detected" populated with suricata logs (also accelerated). But I would like to know if I can take advantage of the acceleration and use a tstats command in my correlation search in order to save some resources.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Chris

Labels (1)
0 Karma

b_chris21
Communicator

I managed to create the following tstats command:

|tstats `summariesonly` count from datamodel=Intrusion_Detection.IDS_Attacks where IDS_Attacks.severity=high by IDS_Attacks.signature | `drop_dm_object_name(IDS_Attacks)'

I do get results in a table with high severity alerts.

I created a test correlation search which fires a notable event, but it contains zero data on it.

What shall I do in order to have all notable event's additional fields populated (if data exists) and also have the notable event's row in Incident Review, populated with src, dest (they are empty too)?

Thanks,

Chris

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...